Oooh man! Slower cooker. Pork Shoulder. Carnitas seasoning… Can’t go wrong!
Easy, delicious, and even keto friendly!
Here’s how to make it:
1. Get a pork shoulder.
2. Season as desired.
3. Marinate overnight for best flavor. (If short on time, skip or marinate for an hour or two, the longer the better, but you can skip this and still get great flavor due to the slow cooking)
4. Set the crock pot on low.
5. Add about 1 to 2 cups of water.
6. Add seasoned pork shoulder
7. Cook on low for min six hours. (I let this go for about 10 hours)
This shoulder was marinated in carnita seasoning before cooking.
So easy! So good! Perfect dish to share at a holiday party.
I like to chop onion, jalepeno peppers, and cilantro. Then serve with tortillas. Let people build thier own “street tacos” with the chopped veggies. I like to pair it with a green salsa.
Thanks for reading!