The Cinco de Mayo/Taco Tuesday Combo
Good Morning! I am excited to bring you another BONUS mid-week edition of The Food from GoodAttitudeFood.com. This is the Cinco de Mayo version of Cheap Cuts of Beef Tacos!
Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo. Which also happened to land on a Tuesday! Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo.
OH YEAH! You know we gots to be makin’ some tacos!
I decided to get a cheap cut of beef and make some tacos with it in my Instant Pot.
If you missed last week’s edition I made black beans, from a dry state, in my Instant Pot. I used about half of that batch to make with a pork roast – SOOO GOOD. Check the recipe and the YouTube video in these two links.
I used what was left of those beans for this recipe.
These turned out great!
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- a lime
- about 4 or 5 chopped tomatos
- 2 or 3 chopped jalapenos
- about half a beer
- about 1 cup of red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- a tablespoon of minced garlic
- a teaspoon of garlic powder
- a teaspoon of onion powder
- about a teaspoon of cayenne powder
- about a teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 cups (roughly) of black beans
- Chop the veggies
- Sear the beef cut in the Instant Pot, then set aside
- Deglaze with the wine and the beer
- Add in the veggies and sautee for about 15 minutes
- Return the Beef to the pot. Pressure Cook in the Instant Pot for about 40 minutes – ratio of lbs/time can be found online or in the Instant Pot book. Beef Shank – which is the cut I used – takes about 25 – 30 minutes per pound. I used a 1.77lbs cut.
- After 40 minutes, I let the pot slow vent. Then I added the black beans to it and cooked again for another 7 minutes.
- While that is cooking, I heated up my tortillas on my cast iron pan.
- After 7 minutes, vent the pot and open the lid.
- Plate the tacos. I topped with raw onion, cilantro, cheese, and this awesome Hernandez Guacamole salsa.
Thanks For Reading
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed the post. Try the recipe. If you do, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Get The Posts Direct
Don’t forget to sign up for the email list. It’s free. You will get all the posts delivered directly, right away, to your inbox, without having to come to the site to read the posts! You will get to see all the errors that I don’t catch before going back in and editing even! Lol.
Be happy and healthy my friends! Be the hero in your story! And eat good food while you do it!
You must log in to post a comment.