As Promised… Instant Pot Cornish Hen.
Ingredients I used – for my “on the fly…” cornish hen recipe.
The Food – Ingredients
- 2 – 24oz Cornish Hens
- Mirepoix – chopped up carrots, celery, and onion – I just buy the stuff that’s chopped to save time. Or buy and chop if you like.
- A packet of ranch seasoning. I used the fiesta ranch… a little spicier!
- herbs – thyme, rosemary, and sage
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of ceyenne pepper powder
- seasoning rub – salt, pepper, garlic salt, and a little famous daves bbq rub.
- about 1/2 cup of chopped jalepeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup of chicken broth – I use better than boullion – mix one tablespoon with one cup of warm water, stir it up.
- 1 package of mushrooms
- Prep the Cornish Hens – Remove the packaging. Rinse them off. Dry them with a towel. Season them with the dry rub mixture.
- Saute the veggies – Turn Instant Pot on to Saute. When hot add about 2 tablespoons of oil. Then add the mirepoix mix and jalapeno peppers. Wash the mushrooms while the veggies sweeten up a bit as they saute. Cut the lemon and lime in half. Pick out the lemon seeds.
- Add the Hens, 1 cup of chicken stock, packet of ranch seasoning, herbs, lemon and lime halves, and mushrooms to the Instant Pot.
- Pressure Cook – I cooked mine on high for 25 minutes
- Plate and eat. Be sure to release the pressure properly and follow all Instant Pot safety instructions. Then plate and eat!
I thought these turned out really good. Not the best plate presentation, but I don’t care so much about that. This was my first time eating Cornish Hen (that I am aware of). In reality, it’s just like chicken, but smaller.
The Hens shedded up nice and easy like a rotissorie chicken.
Tonight I used the leftovers and made tacos! This recipe was a great flavor for tacos! I didn’t add anything but corn tortillas. Yum.
You must log in to post a comment.