Hello, my friends. I hope everyone had a great week last week. This week is the first week of the NFL regular season. The post this week will share one of my favorite recipes to bring to a Football Sunday gathering of friends or family – my Simple Shrimp Ceviche Recipe. The post will also include the workout schedule for the upcoming week. So to kick off the new week on the positive, this is The Workout Of the Week. This is The “Footballlll Sunday” Workout.
Ceviche is a seafood and citrus dish. Typically raw seafood is used. Citrus juices are added to fish. The acid in the juices from the citrus reacts with the fish and “cooks” it. Ceviche is a popular dish in South and Central America. The fresh, citrusy, spicy elements all play together to create a delicious marriage of flavors for the tastebuds! Ceviche is a favorite appetizer of mine to bring to summer and fall gatherings.
The Food: My Simple Shrimp Ceviche
- 1lbs of Shrimp (I used pre-cooked shrimp for this today, only because the bag was on sale for $4.99, $5.00 less than any other in the store) – typically, raw is best for ceviche.
- 2 Limes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 serrano peppers
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Clamato Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Cut one lime and the lemon in half
- Rinse and clean the shrimp
- Combine Shrimp and juice of one lemon and one lime in a bowl and let them sit in the fridge overnight or for at least three hours
- Cube cut the onion, cucumber, and tomatoes
- Chop cilantro and peppers
- Drain about half of the citrus juice from the shrimp (after it has sat at least three hours)
- Combine shrimp with chopped vegetables and mix them together.
- Chop the remaining lime in half and juice it into the mix
- Add about one to two cups of Clamato juice
- Add salt and pepper to taste if needed
- Let sit in the fridge for another hour or so before serving
Plate it Up
I plate my ceviche just by adding a scoop or two to the middle of a plate then add tortilla chips around the outside in a circle. I have seen it served in a cocktail glass for a fancier presentation.
On To The Workout Schedule
Mon, Wed, Fri
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings I will be doing a spin bike video workout from Global Cycling Network like this one below and then will be following that with 2 rounds RBFTBs (Resistance Band FIIT Tabata Burners). If you missed the moves for RBFTBs – you can read about this routine in some posts on the site, like this one: RBFTBs Workout.
Tues, Thurs, Sat
On Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I will be doing my shadow boxing Tabata burners routine with weighted gloves. Three Tabata rounds of 20-seconds of work, 10 seconds of recovery, doing freestyle punch and kick combos, and boxer shuffle for the recovery. Then one Tabata round of the heavy sandbag routine.
Yoga Video Every Day
Every Day this week I will be doing a Yoga video, like the one below from Yoga With Adriene. Then 15 minutes of meditation after.
Wrap It Up
There you have it, my friends. Thank you so much for reading. Also thank you to the content providers, Yoga With Adriene and Global Cycling Network for their awesome videos. If you have not checked them out before, DO IT! They have tons of great free workouts and other content. If you try the ceviche recipe, leave a comment and let me know how yours turned out! Until next time, be happy and healthy. Be the Hero or Heroine in your story!