Good Morning, my friends. I hope everyone had an awesome week last week. The post this week is called “The Forty Workout” for one reason, which shall be revealed shortly. The post will also include my workout schedule for the upcoming week. So to kick off the new week on the positive, this is The Workout of the Week. This is The Forty Workout.
What’s Up With “Forty”, Dude?
Well, Forty is a meaningful number for me this past week. I had a birthday.
Any Guesses on how old this Dude turned?
Yep! I turned forty this past week. The “Big four-oh”. “Over the hill”.
Celebrating My Birthday
Friday night my boys and I got together at a dive bar for food, drinks, and some live music, to celebrate my birthday. We ventured down to Mystic Lake Casino after eating, to walk around and listen to some more live music. One of my boys hit a slot jackpot that was just under $2500, so that was awesome! It was a super-fun birthday celebration and I am blessed to have great brothers in this life!
Saturday a buddy and I went to The Howe in Minneapolis for Brunch. The Howe is a hip bar, with a large beer and drink selection, along with great food options for their brunch menu. The Bloody Mary was pretty darn good too! It was an awesome place for a post-birthday celebration meal.
I got a birthday card from my mom and my grandma. And I got a sweet Vikings painting of “the Randy Moss Moon” when Randy fake mooned Lambeau Field fans during the 2004 Vikings, Packers Wildcard game.
Now that I have reached the wisened age of forty, I feel like I know some things. Don’t skip this section, you young whipper-snappers out there. You just might learn something from this next part! 🙂
- I have learned a lot in my forty years. The more I learn, the more I realize, I don’t know “sh… sugar”.
- If I exercise most days, I feel good and generally am in good spirits.
- Most of the time it’s best to drink more water, less caffeine, and limited amounts of alcohol.
- I will never stop learning new things. Because of this, it’s best to have a learning mindset.
- Most of the time, it’s best to eat quality, close to whole, foods; like eggs, lean meats, and veggies. #TheFsofFood – “If it’s a Fish, or came from a Farm, a Forest, or a Field, eat that 80% of the time. If it came from a Fast Food place or a Factory, don’t eat that more than 20% of the time”.
- Take care of responsibilities. Then go have fun.
- Be good to people.
- The sooner I accept that I don’t know “sh… sugar” about something, the quicker I can change that, even if it’s one thing at a time.
- Find something that you can work towards that you find enjoyable.
- There is no such thing as perfect.
- Consistency is the best thing for physical fitness.
- Have some principals, stand for them, and don’t compromise them unless you need to in order to change, grow, or keep moving forward.
- Nature is like medicine for personal wellbeing. Spend at least some time outside most days.
Who am I kidding!?!? I don’t know “sh… sugar”!.
I just keep going everyday. Just like everyone else!
On To The Workout Schedule
Most Days – The Warmup and 7ksteps
This coming week I will continue doing the daily warm up routine I have been doing. I am counting up to 100 days of doing it. Last week the count was at 26 days. At the time of writing, Sunday, I added six days last week and the count is at 32 days.
Most days I try to get about 7,000 steps in for the day. It might be difficult this upcoming week because we are supposed to have like four straight days of snowy weather coming this week in #MinneSnowta. If I can’t get outside for a hike or ruck, I will either use a gym treadmill or do an extra spin bike workout.
Mon and Fri – Spin Bike
On Monday and Friday I will be doing this 20/40 video from Global Cycling Network.
Mon, Wed, Fri
On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I will be doing a Yoga Video from Yoga With Adriene. I have been doing this year’s 30 Days of Yoga series, and am on Day 7.
Tue and Thu – RBFTBs and Heavy Bag
On Tuesday and Thursday, I will be doing double RBFTBs and Double Heavy Bag Tabata Burners. Restistance band moves, interval timer set to 8:20×10, work 80% max for the 20 seconds, rest 10. Repeat with about 30 second break. Then same thing with the interval timer, but do heavy bag moves. Repeat.
Cardio Kickboxing routine with weighted gloves and music. I took a cardio kickboxing instructor class during my last ACE Certification renewal. I will be applying some of those principals and live action building a workout. We’ll see how it goes!
Ok, Wrap It Up, Dude
There you have it my friends. Thanks so much for reading. A super-special thanks to Yoga With Adriene and Global Cycling Network for the free videos. As I celebrate forty years of life, one thing I know for sure is that I don’t know “sh…sugar”. Knowing that is true, I hope to keep learning through my next forty years. I hope to be a life-long learner. Maybe I will figure out some more things that help me in this life along the way if I keep that mindset. Until next time, be happy and healthy. Be the hero or heroine in your story.
1 thought on “The Forty Workout”
You must log in to post a comment.