Good Morning my friends. I am proud to announce that I am working hard to beat my own Quarantine Akrasia this week. #TheQuarantineAkrasiaWorkout!
I am actually starting this post on Saturday; ahead of schedule. Let’s get into it.
To kick off the new week on the positive, this is the Workout of the Week, from GoodAttitudeFood.com. This is the “This Recipe Is Out There… Workout”.
This Recipe Is Out There…
We are getting into a recipe right away this week. I will admit, this recipe is a bit out there. I think it turned out great though!
Scanning the “inter-webs” for The Food ideas, I found a weird 1960s recipe called Ground Beef, Grand Style.
It’s like a weird hamburger cassorole recipe. With biscuits. I love biscuits!
Never had Ground Beef Grand Style before.
It gave me an idea.
This recipe is a bit out there… but hang with me!
Sub Shredded Beef
The recipe called for ground beef.
Instead of ground beef, I decided to sub shredded beef – from “beef soup bone” and “beef neck bone” cuts that I picked up on the cheap. #CheapCutsOfBeef
Mix in some mirepoix…
Mirepoix = onion, celery, and carrots. This is like the basis for a ton of really delicious foods.
Mirepoix done right = deliciousness to your flavoids!
This is sometimes called “the holy trinity of cooking”. Onion, celery, carrots. Chopped up, cooked in a pot with some butter and some oil.
Learning to use mirepoix was like an instant Level-Up for my cooking game.
I Cut Myself, Twice!
I cut myselft pretty good when making this recipe.
I have never cut my self twice on a single recipe before.
Almost shaved off the tip of my left index finger after being a little “spunky” with the knife when chopping that jalapeno.
*Side note jalapeno juice and a knife cut sting extra hard.
I wrapped it up with three bandaids ASAP. Took a minute to stop bleeding but everything is aight.
Twenty minutes later, I got another cut, while trying to open a pull-top can of cream of mushroom soup. I somehow sliced my right thumb a bit on the edge of the can.
Not as deep or as much of a bleeder as the first one, but still…
I have never cut myself twice on a single recipe, Until now.
Biscuits… in an Instant Pot?
That’s right, I cooked biscuits in my Instant Pot for this recipe. It was a fun experiment. The biscuits came out incredible! Very moist and fluffy.
Anywhoo… Here are the ingredients and instructions.
- 1lbs of Beef neck bones
- 1.5lbs of Beef soup bone with meat
- Mirepoix – chopped up carrots, celery, and onion. About 1 or 1/2 cups of each. I don’t measure it.
- 1 cup of Red Wine
- 1/2 a can of beer
- 2 cups of biscuit mix – or sub in your own biscuit recipe.
- about 2/3 cup of water
- 1/4 stick of unsalted butter
- about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (8oz) of cream cheese
- a chopped jalapeno pepper (or two)
- 1 tablespoon of beef bouillon
- herbs – I used a lot of thyme, a little sage, some minced garlic, and rosemary.
- spices – white pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, onion salt, cayenne powder, chili powder, and pink Himalayan salt.
- Prep the veggies. Wash and chop all the veggies.
- Sautee the veggies for 20 minutes in the Instant Pot. Let the pot get hot. Add the butter and the oil. Next, add the veggies herbs and spices. After about 10 minutes add the red wine, the beer, and beef bouillon.
- Add the beef to the pot. Add a little water if needed. Pressure cook for about 1 hour.
- While that is cooking, mix up the biscuit batter.
- Vent the Instant Pot when it is finished cooking. Pull out the bones and shred the beef.
- Add biscuit batter into the pot, like drop biscuits.
- Return the lid, seal the pot, and pressure cook on LOW for about 5 minutes.
- Let the pot slow vent for 5 minutes and then release the steam valve.
- Plate and eat!
On to The Workout
Always do a dynamic warm-up before starting a workout or begining a strenuous activity. This will get your body and mind ready for the workout and will prevent injuries. I do this warm-up video from FightTips all the time, before everything!
Step Goals and the Mile count
7-k-steps-a-day. Get those steps in. I have the goal to get to 7,000 steps or more at least 5 days this week.
The mile count continues. Last week the count was 964.49 miles. This week I added another 33.49 miles. The new total is 997.98 miles. The 1,000-mile mark will be reached this week!
Monday and Thursday
I will be doing the Phil Daru Dumbbell routine again. I have been watching a bunch of this dude’s YouTube videos. They are awesome. Phil is like a walking trainer manual.
Tues and Friday
DDPY Days. Sweating and Swearing workout. Get after it.
Shadowboxing – FIIT Tabata Burners!
Using my Title Brand 1.5lbs weighted gloves.
Interval timer set to 8 x 20X10. Repeat 3 times.
Flow Intervals – 8 of out 10 exertion for 20 seconds, doing shadowboxing combos. 5 out of 10 exertion for 10 seconds boxing boxer shuffle and defensive moves.
Freestyle. Throw in some kicks and punch combos. Some “basement style kung fu!”. Have some fun!
Wrap it up!
There you have it my friends! Thanks so much for reading! Thanks to the free content providers! Be sure to check out their stuff! Remember to sign up for the e-mail list if you haven’t yet. You will get all the content right to you inbox right away when a new post comes up!
Be happy and healthy my friends. Be the hero or heroine in your story. Sometimes that involves taking some risks in the kitchen! The recipe in the post today was a bit out there, I mean biscuits in an Instant Pot… I didn’t even know it could be done. So glad I tried it because it was GOOD! The risk paid off because The Food was delicious! Check out the YouTube video! Try the recipe! If you do, drop a comment and let me know what you think!