Kodiak Cakes makes some “healthier” versions of things like muffins, pancakes, and other baked goods mix boxes like this.
I like them because they fit one of my simple food rules: More Protein than Sugar.
For this Box. Sugar = 3g. Protein = 14g.
Most of the Kodiak Cakes products fit this rule. Most of the ingredients are real things, and I can read the words. What ingredients are in your boxed foods?
Banana Pancakes and Jack Johnson Vibes
Earlier this week I decided to make some banana pancakes with the Kodiak Cake mix. I was hanging out listen to some Jack Johnson.
“Well baby you hardly even notice when I try to show ya this song is meant to keep ya from doing what ya s’posed ta…. ” 🙂
Jack Johnson is awesome.
I added some Peanut Butter and some chocolate collagen protein powder. I call this conglomeration “power cakes”.
- Kodiak Cakes pancake mix
- 1 banana
- 2 scoops of collagen powder
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
How To Make
- Measure equal parts Kodiak Cake mix and milk.
- Add two tablespoons of PB
- Add two scoops of chocolate powder
- Slice up the banana and add it to the mix
- Stir ingredients together
- No need to over mix here, just try to fold everything together well.
- Cook the Cakes!
- I used my cast iron pan. A little tough to manage the heat correctly because the pan is bigger than the burner, but I made it work
- Butter the pan well and make sure it is hot
- Then spoon batter onto the pan
- Cook for a few minutes then flip when the cakes are ready
- Cook for a couple minutes on that side
- Plate them puppies and enjoy!
- I like mine with a little pad of soft butter.
The Power Cakes
There you have it my friends! A bonus edition of The Food – Power Cakes.
Avoid The Quarantine 15!
If you haven’t done it yet, it’s not too late to try my workout challenge posted earlier this week.
Do you have what it takes to do a DDPY video workout???
Check out The Avoid The Quarantine 15 (LBS) Workout Challenge, posted on Monday!
Give it a shot. Let me know what you think of the workout.
I would love to hear what others are doing to stay active or what your healthy recipes are! Drop us a comment and let us know!
Thanks SO MUCH for reading and make it an awesome day, my Hero/Heroine Friends! BE THE HERO!
You must log in to post a comment.