Good Morning, my friends! I hope everyone had a great week last week. The post this week will include a fun baking experiment I did this past Saturday. It will also include my workout schedule for this week. To kick off the new week on the positive, this is The Workout of the Week. This is the Saturday Afternoon Baking Experiment Workout.
Saturday was sort of a stormy day in Minnesota. Usually, on Saturday I am either hitting a Disc Golf course or hopping on my Mountain Bike for a trail ride. With severe weather looming, I spent most of the day inside. So, I decided to clean a few things from my cupboard and do a baking experiment! 🙂
My apartment doesn’t have a regular oven, but my microwave has a convection oven function. This is the first time I have tried baking a treat like this in the convection microwave. It was a fun experiment on a rather boring, stormy day.
PBBCPP Cookie/Cake Bars
I came up with what I am calling “PBBCPP Cookie Cake Bars!
PBBCPP = Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Protein Powder
I combined a premade chocolate chip cookie mix with peanut butter, banana, and some of my collagen protein powder to make this treat.
The experiment turned out better than I expected. Super tasty! The next section will include the ingredients and how to make them.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie mix – I used a bag of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix that has been sitting in my cupboards for months.
- 2 over-ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of Peanut Butter – I used Smuckers All Natural PB for this.
- 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 scoops of Chocolate Collagen Protein Powder **The star of this show! 🙂
How to Make it
- Soften butter by letting it sit at room temp for about 45 minutes to an hour – or you can put it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften – whichever way you choose, make sure the butter is soft, but not melted completely.
- Combine dry ingredients, bananas, egg, peanut butter and butter into a mixing bowl.
- Stir until mixed well
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Spread the mix into an oven-safe pan or baking dish.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
- Oven times may vary. Make sure ingredients are all cooked and not “doughy” before taking out to cool. I did 15 minutes, pulled it out, did the tooth pick test and it was not done. I cooked another 5 minutes. Mine came out perfect at 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
The Finished Product
These “Cookie/Cake Bars” turned out great! They are a good snack to get some protein. The chocolate, peanut butter, and banana combo turned out to taste great.
On to the Workout Schedule
The Workout Schedule for this week will only be Monday – Friday. Friday night I am flying out to Denver to see some friends, so no Saturday and Sunday activities.
On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I will be doing a spin bike video workout from Global Cycling Network – like this one below. They have hours and hours of awesome free workouts and their channel is my go-to spot for spin bike workouts. These workouts are more effective for me than just riding without a video.
Shadow Boxing into Heavy Bag Tabata Circuit
On Tuesday and Thursday I will be doing three rounds of shadow boxing Tabatas straight into one round of a heavy bag Tabata. I use my interval timer app on my phone, my 2.5lbs weighted gloves, and my RDX heavy sandbag for this.
Tabata intervals – 8X20x10 – work hard for 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds.
Shadow Boxing – 20 seconds of freestyle combos, 10 seconds of boxer shuffle. Take a 30-second to one minute break after each Tabata set. Do three total sets.
Heavy bag – One round of heavy bag tabata after the three rounds of shadow boxing. See the heavy bag workout for those moves.
Yoga and Meditation
Every morning I will be doing a yoga workout and follow that with a 15 minute mediation. Yoga With Adriene is my go-to source for Yoga workouts. This Great The Day video is another good one!
I will follow the morning yoga session with a 15 minute mediation. Just take 15 minutes to calm my mind, breathe deep, and find some peace in my brain! 🙂
Disc, Ruck, Bike
After work every day (weather permitting) I will be either throwing some Disc Golf, riding my mountain bike, or going for a ruck.
Wrap it up
There you have it my friends! Thank you so much for reading. A super-thank you to the awesome free content provider – Global Cycling Network and Yoga With Adriene. If you have not checked out their stuff, DO IT! 🙂 Until next time, my friends… Be happy and healthy, be the hero or heroine in your story.
You must log in to post a comment.