Workout of the week this week is eight full rounds of Tabata!
I call this workout “The Fat-Shredder”!
Tabata sets this week. Eight full rounds! I am doing this Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
The GoodAttitudeFood.com “Fat-Shredder Workout”.
Remember to do Tabata correctly, it’s 20 seconds all out, as hard as you can go, then 10 seconds of rest, then repeat 8 times for one set. WORK HARD for 20, rest for 10, repeat.
I use this video series because my youtube will autoplay and it rolls for eight rounds. It lines up perfectly with the workout.
Thank you Workout Music Source for the great music!
Sets 1 and 2 are boxing style workouts!
Please make sure to do a full body dynamic warm up before starting Tabata sets!
Here is the whole workout. It is a circuit style, full body workout.
Set 1: All out 20 seconds, jog in place for 10 seconds
- Punch combo – 1-2 combo. Jab, Cross. 1-2, 1-2, for 20 seconds. – jog in place 10 seconds
- Squats – 20 seconds – jog in place 10 seconds
- Tuck jumps – 20 seconds – a squat followed by a jump, then pull your knees up, into a “tuck” at the top of the jump – jog in place 10 seconds
- Big upper-cuts, left-right-left-right punch combo – Throw 5-6-5-6 big uppercuts for 20 seconds, jog in place for 10 seconds.
Then repeat to finish Set 1.
Set 2: All out 20 seconds, jog in place 10 seconds
- 1-2-3-4 punch combo – all out 20 seconds, jog in place 10 seconds
- Squat Jumps – 20 second squats jumps, jog in place 10 seconds
- Switch lunge jumps – 20 seconds switch lunge jumps, jog in place 10 seconds
- 1-3-head duck-2-combo – left jab, left hook, head duck right, right cross combo – 20 seconds, jog in place 10 seconds
Then repeat to finish set two
Set 3 is a core workout!
Set three is core work. T-push ups, flat plank, and side planks! Work for 20 seconds, complete rest for 10 seconds, with deep breathing.
- T-push ups – work 20 seconds, complete rest 10 seconds – Take deep breaths when resting
- Flat plank
- Right side plank
- Left side plank
Then repeat to finish set three.
Sets 4 – 7 are cardio sprints.
The next three sets of the GoodAttitudeFood.com Fat Shredder workout are straight up HIIT cardio sets.
I use my stationary bike. All out 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds.
You could do jogging in place or jumping jacks or high knees, or any combo of cardio stuff.
You could do this running on a treadmill, or outdoors: on a track, in a field, or on a trail.
Sprint for 20 seconds, jog for 10 seconds.
The key is to go ALL OUT for 20 seconds, and then rest for 10.
Set 8 is a yoga stretching with dynamic resistance
Set eight is a cool down with dynamic resistance. Dynamic resistance means engaging your muscles. Practice yoga breathing and holding your arms straight out, so no one can move them.
Hold pose for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds – I got into forward fold for 10 seconds after each.
Deep breathing is a absolute key to get the most benefit out of these stretches.
- Diamond Cutter Posture – check out DDP Yoga to see this. Think of doing a flow posture with dynamic resistance.
- Forward Fold
- Down Dog
- Up Dog
- Runner’s Lunge right
- Warrior One Right – using dynamic resistance
- Runner’s Lunge Left
- Warrior One Left – using dynamic resistance
And there you have it everyone, that’s the whole workout; GoodAttitudeFood.com “The Fat-Shredder Workout”!
Follow me for more workout of the week posts! Be happy and healthy my friends! See what happens when you become the hero of your own story!