Here is the GoodAttitudeFood.com Orange-Tongued Butter Coffee Recipe:
- Coffee – about 2 1/2 cups of brewed hot coffee
I am brewing Koffee Kult Columbian Huila this week.
- Add a few cranks of Pink Himalayan Salt
Pink Himalayan Salt adds a bunch of natural minerals that are great for maintaining health
- Organic Stevia – About 1 teaspoon (or to taste)
Stevia is a powerful natural sweetener that does not have a caloric effect on the body. Be careful using it; Stevia is said to be about 300 times sweeter than table sugar.
- Brain Octane Oil – About 1/2 a tablespoon
Brain Octane Oil is a multi chain triglyceride. It has no taste. It mixes into the coffee and it is said to bind with the caffiene, allowing for a slow steady release of caffiene, instead of a crazy spike, followed by a big crash.
- Organic Ghee – 4th & Heart Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ghee – about 1 tablespoon
This Ghee is organic, lactose free, and comes from Grass-fed sources. The Vanilla bean is awesomely good!
- Collagen Peptides – 1 scoop
Collagen is really the only “supplement” I take. Collagen is a protein in the body that makes most connective tissues. Using it promotes bone and joint health. I have read it is good for your hair and nails. Some think it can be used to stop signs of aging too.
- Turmeric – About 1 to 2 teaspoons
Turmeric is a great anti-inflamatory for the body. I have been experimenting with it in my coffee. It adds a little different flavor, but I think it’s ok. The biggest thing to watch out for is that it will turn your tongue a little orange! 🙂